A roof’s primary purpose is to protect everything under it from the elements, and nothing accomplishes this better than a durable metal roof. If you are in the market for a new metal roof, take a look at quadro panels. This metal roofing technology uses interlocking metal shingles for roofing and wall cladding, providing your home with benefits that range from cosmetic appeal to energy efficiency — and that’s just the beginning. Read on to discover the full benefits of owning a quadro panel metal roof.
Benefits of Metal Roofing with Quadro Panels
There are 7 million new roofs installed each year. During the past decade, the number of homes with metal roofs has more than tripled, moving metal from 3 percent market share in 1998 to more than 10 percent today.1 Why are so many homeowners making the switch from traditional roofing to metal roofs?
Now offered in an updated horizontal layout, quadro metal cladding roofing offers an excellent alternative to conventional roofing materials such as asphalt shingles and other low-quality roofing. Those options can seem more affordable, but can’t match the benefits that come with a metal roofing system. Here are a few of those benefits:
- Carefully Engineered. As a custom metal roof system, quadro panels are based on a proven design for the best fit for your home, traditionally handcrafted for both new and historical application.
- High cosmetic appeal. Quadro panels come in a variety of beautiful metal and finish options. Available metals include terne, stainless steel, copper, zinc, titanium, aluminum alloy, painted aluminum, and painted galvalume. Choose from stainless steel quadro panels, copper quadro panels, aluminum quadro panels, or copper roofing options and wall cladding panels. This gives the homeowner his or her choice from a versatile array of colors, such as slate blue, shiny copper, or a cheerful red.
- Quick installation. The design for this metal roofing system makes it far quicker and easier to install than typical roofing shingles. Quadro panels, for instance, are installed in sheets that measure 40 pieces needed per square and only 5 x 20 bundles per square. This type of installation can be completed in any type of weather, which reduces the risk of delay in construction due to inclement weather.
- Metal is strong — metal can withstand anything nature can throw at it. Even hail barely leaves dents in the durable finish of quadro metal cladding. For roof impermeability, the interlocking design featured in quadro panels makes them wind resistant and watertight. As a lightweight building option, pound for pound metal is stronger than other materials. Because metal roofs do not need to be replaced as often as most other roofing systems, the total cost of the roof when measured over its expected lifespan becomes much lower. The expected life-cycle cost per square foot for a metal roof is 30 cents. Compare that to 57 cents, the life-cycle cost per square foot for single-ply roofs.6
- Long-term savings. Metal roofing may initially seem like the more expensive choice when compared to traditional roofing materials like asphalt shingles, but consider it an investment that will pay off. Made of oil impregnated paper or fiberglass, asphalt begins to deteriorate the moment it is exposed to the elements.2 But metal quadro shingles withstand the test of time. A metal roof won’t decompose. For this reason, you can expect a metal roof to last at least two to three times longer than a regular roof. Generally, a metal roof will last 40 to 60 years and beyond. Asphalt roofs, on the other hand, will likely need replacing every 15 to 20 years.3
- Low maintenance. If a quadro shingle panel metal roofing system is properly installed, it lasts a lifetime. Forget expensive roof replacement and pricey repairs.
- Energy efficient. This is an environmentally friendly roofing option. Metal roofing with quadro roofing shingles is recyclable, unlike asphalt and charcoal shingles which end up at the landfill. Metal roofing shingles are also extremely effective at redirecting solar energy away from buildings, reducing cooling expenses. A white-painted metal roof will reflect 70 to 80 percent of the sun’s energy, compared with 40 percent for a built-up roof with white gravel.4
To sum it up, a metal roof utilizing quadro roofing panels provides homeowners with the highest durability to the forces of nature, the longest lifespan, the lowest maintenance costs, and the most energy savings of any type of roof, while offering high cosmetic appeal and a variety of styling options. All of these benefits combine to produce strong owner loyalty. A study conducted by Ducker Research Company found that 58 percent of owners of single-ply roofs, and 46 percent of owners of asphalt roofs, would use the same materials on a future project. For owners of metal roofs it is 92 percent.5
Contact Fine Metal Roof Tech
Now that you’ve seen the benefits of metal roofing systems like those using quadro metal panels, who can provide the best metal roofing systems?
Developed by Fine Metal Roof Tech, quadro panels offer all of the benefits of other metal roofing systems in an up-to-date and eye-catching horizontal quad-shingle panel layout. Fine Metal Roof Tech manufactures quality, sustainable architectural metal products for every style and budget, such as classic metal shingles, diamond shingles, standing seam systems, world-class metal roofing, and cladding accessories for your home. Fine Metal Roof Tech doesn’t stop at roofing: We also offer quadro walling cladding using quadro wall cladding panels to give your home an updated look.
With roots in the European method of building and a talented team of award-winning master builders, designers, and engineers, Fine Metal Roof Tech uses techniques taken directly from the German master craftsmen. Our products are easy to install, beautiful, environmentally sensitive, durable, and structurally sound.